Call for Abstracts is Now Open!
The Call for Abstracts for the NC/SC ACS Chapters Joint 2019 Meeting is now open. Submissions should be submitted online by March 14, 2019.
- All residents and research trainees enrolled in general surgery or surgical specialty (all surgical disciplines represented by the ACS) residency training or fellows-in-training programs in North and South Carolina.
- Medical students enrolled in a medical school in North or South Carolina – with an interest in surgery.
- The entry should represent original work done by the authors.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the submitting author to be present on July 19-21, 2019 in Pinehurst, NC if his/her abstract is accepted.
- Trauma – All surgical disciplines represented by the ACS will be eligible as long as the topic is directly related to trauma. Submissions related to acute care surgery and/or emergency general surgery should be submitted in the General/Specialty Surgery Competition. Only resident and fellows-in-training submissions are eligible to advance to the COT Region IV Competition.
- Cancer – All surgical disciplines represented by the ACS will be eligible as long as the topic is directly related to oncology. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation.
- General/Specialty Surgery – The topics have been expanded to include general and specialty surgery – all surgical disciplines represented by the ACS. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation.